The project coordinator
The project coordinator is Prof. Eugene Polzik.
Prof. Eugene Polzik
Director of the Danish National Quantum Optics Center
The Niels Bohr Institute
Phone: +45 35 32 52 09
Fax: +45 35 32 50 16
The coordinator will:
be responsible for the overall legal, financial, contractual, ethical and administrative management
coordinate and supervise the work of the workpackages, especially when collaboration between them is needed
- supervise the project scheduling
- apply corrective actions when necessary
- produce management reports with the highlights of the project progress
- organize the meetings of the Governing Board
- ensure the information flow from the partners to the Governing Board and vice versa
- coordinate knowledge management
- oversee science and society issues
- obtain audit certificates by each of the financed participants
collaborate with the FET QIPC proactive initiative (projects and EC officials) in order to ensure a coherent development of the initiative as a whole, the development and implementation of a common European strategy, etc.
The executive secretary
The executive secretary, Dr. T. Calarco, will work closely with the project coordinator to assist him in the above mentioned tasks, and will deal with a series of tasks related to communication and information flow, both internally and externally: between workpackages, between the Commission and the partners, between the Governing Board and the whole consortium.
Carl Zeiss Research Award for Rainer Blatt and Ignacio Cirac
- QUROPE Governing Board members honored for revolutionary work
QIPC2009: talks on-line
- Some presentations of invited and contributed talks are available for download from the conference web site.
Getting Europe ready for the second quantum revolution
- A feature story about QUROPE and an interview with QUROPE coordinator Eugene Polzik has been published by eStrategies Projects.